This policy explains how TCG handles personal information and complies with the requirements of the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information. The Collaborative Group respects your privacy in accordance with our standards, policies and procedures.
Collection of personal information
TCG collects and holds personal information from clients, customers, employees, contractors and other individuals. We collect and hold this information when it is necessary for business purposes.
The main types of personal information TCG collects and holds relate to the contact details and organisational roles of our clients, suppliers and other business contacts. Typically, this information includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and job titles. In the course of providing professional services to our clients, we may collect and hold more detailed personal information (for instance financial details if we are engaged to perform financial services, or credit information).
We collect most information directly from individuals when we deal with them. The personal information we collect may be provided in forms filled out by individuals, face to face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations or by third parties. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
Use of personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold and use personal information are:
• to provide our services;
• to respond to an individual’s request;
• to maintain contact with clients;
• to keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars and other events we are holding;
• for general management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management;
• for recruitment purposes;
• other purposes related to our business.
If you choose not to provide us with personal information, we may be unable to do such things.
If we collect, hold or use personal information in ways other than as stated in this policy, we will ensure we do so pursuant to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of personal information
TCG does not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- we believe it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a customer of TCG or the interests of TCG;
- you give your consent; or
- such disclosure is otherwise required or permitted by law, regulation, rule or professional standard.
Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell to or trade personal information with third parties.
Security of Personal Information
Depending on the purpose for which we have collected personal information (for example, registration for a TCG event or a request for particular information or material), we may store some of the information electronically in our customer relationship management system or in hard copy. TCG will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep this information accurate and up to date and to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal or auditing reasons).
Effect of Policy
The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
The Managing Director,
The Collaborative Group Pty Ltd,
320 Pitt Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
Or email: email@example.com